Diagnosed with Dementia and Alzheimer's, this blog is to help keep my mind active. I'll share my thoughts, current projects and interests. Negativity is not wanted, so all comments will be monitored.

Monday, December 5, 2022

Little Billy Gets Lost - and he didn't even have dementia

 Since nobody has found my blog yet, I read that I needed to add "Alzheimer's" to the blog name if I ever expected anyone to find it. I had hoped that I might be an encouraging light for people when diagnosed. Hope this helps.

Do any of you remember the Sunday funnies that had The Family Circus written by Bil Keene? Well, he did several of them of little Billy on his way home from school. He showed a map of all the stops Billy made before he finally reached his destination.

I often think of little Billy as I work my way through a goal. As an example, I have a "smart" watch that reminds me to brush my teeth. It has a snooze option that I seem to click repeatedly all morning long. On the to the necessary teeth brushing, I:

Realized my coffee cup was empty, so I had to refill it

But, there were dishes in the sink that needed washing

The dish soap was almost gone, so I went to the laundry room to get the soap and

Remembered that I had a load of wash to do. So,

To the bedroom to get the laundry, but

Dust bunnies called to be vacuumed.

I did get the vacuum out but first I had to change the bird cage paper before I could vacuum

Which took me outside to the garbage where weeds just shouted to be pulled up.

Yup, typical morning. Part of the morning was also spent looking for the top to hubby's mug. He accusingly flapped it in front of me as I was on the phone trying to change his doctor's apt. Always my fault when anything goes missing these days. Can't say that I blame him; however, he's just as bad and I found it right on the counter where he had taken the mug out to fill it!  

If you have mornings like this, you might be more like little Billy than you though.

Oh, and yes, my teeth are brushed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post is NOT for everyone sensitive to death relatred to Alzheimer's

Who knew there were so many kinds/causes for dementia? I have the run of the mill Alzheimer's for which I am grateful.  PLEASE DO NOT RE...