Diagnosed with Dementia and Alzheimer's, this blog is to help keep my mind active. I'll share my thoughts, current projects and interests. Negativity is not wanted, so all comments will be monitored.

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Witchcraft and Alzheimer's

I posted the blurb below on a Facebook group that I belong to today. I was thinking about it and wondered why I am reluctant to actually post about my witchcraft activities here. Judgement? Should I care at this point in my life? I'm not trying to change anyone else's beliefs, just being joyful that I finally found the truth.

Here's what I posted:

Having been diagnosed about 4 years ago with Alzheimer's put me into a spin. My doctor advised me to find something new to learn and keep the progress in a slow down state. Not really sure how Tarot jumped into my path, but you must know the rabbit hole that took me down into runes, iChing, astrology and such until I discovered witchcraft.
I do have a blog about this journey. I'm not really too brave about posting the witchcraft beliefs because I'm afraid of scaring off those I'm trying to reach. I do post more on Instagram though where I am jeanchaneyaz. 
 

(This is a photo that I played with using Procreate and Pixabay. I do not have long hair, lol! The only part of the photo that is "me" is the face.)

 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. People have misconceptions about witchcraft and it has a negative connotation. I'm like you, I don't often tell people I'm a witch. Witchcraft is misunderstood and social media surely doesn't help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look at what other minorities have gone through and the gains they have made over the past few years and I can only hope, that by being more open, we might help to change the negativity that surrounds the gentle practice of witchcraft.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I agree that we really need to find ways to educate people about what witchcraft really is and what it isn't.

    ReplyDelete

Post is NOT for everyone sensitive to death relatred to Alzheimer's

Who knew there were so many kinds/causes for dementia? I have the run of the mill Alzheimer's for which I am grateful.  PLEASE DO NOT RE...