Diagnosed with Dementia and Alzheimer's, this blog is to help keep my mind active. I'll share my thoughts, current projects and interests. Negativity is not wanted, so all comments will be monitored.

Friday, October 7, 2022

Aftermath of Alzheimer's Diagnoses

So, how did I wind up in Texas? After the diagnosis I found myself thinking about dying without experiencing life the way I wanted to. I thought that I needed to get out of the house more as I felt more and more like a prisoner. I convinced hubby that we should get a bigger travel trailer so that we could actually go camping and have space for our dog, cat, and birds. We did:

It was nice, but it just didn't do it for me. We were going camping to places I had been to many times before so there was nothing new about it at all. Then, I suggested that we sell the house and buy a new one and hubby firmly said, "never moving again unless I get to go home". By home, he meant Texas. (Retired from Luke outside of Phoenix after a 30 stint.) Over the years we have been married, 22 now, he said that many times and I would reply, "over my dead body". My friends, family, and everything I knew and loved was in Arizona. 

One day, I casually asked the hubby where he would like to live if he could go to Texas and what kind of house would he like. He, of course, thought that I was just curious and so he told me. Then off he went for a bit. When he came back, I showed him the house we now live in on the Internet and said, "what would you think of that". He, still thinking I was just playing around, said, "well, that would be just perfect". So, I said, "shall I call the realtor"? I will never forget the look on his face as he began to realize I was serious. 

And here we are getting ready to leave everyone and everything from my life so that he could return to his:

 

And, this is now home:

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Post is NOT for everyone sensitive to death relatred to Alzheimer's

Who knew there were so many kinds/causes for dementia? I have the run of the mill Alzheimer's for which I am grateful.  PLEASE DO NOT RE...