Diagnosed with Dementia and Alzheimer's, this blog is to help keep my mind active. I'll share my thoughts, current projects and interests. Negativity is not wanted, so all comments will be monitored.

Friday, June 23, 2023

Watch Your Words


Watching a movie that had a character from another movie. Hubby pointed it out and I said, "I don't remember." And, his reply was a very sarcastic, "Of course you don't." Well slap my face and push me down a bit further why don't you? He immediately realized that he shouldn't verbalize his frustration over my Alzheimer's and reached over to grab my hand. Yes, he will forget by today that he even spoke such an insensitive remark. But, the one with dementia, who can't remember much of anything these days, will never forget. 

Watch your words and reassess you thought process people. 

I have learned though to live with inflicted pain and most always show a smiling face to the world. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post is NOT for everyone sensitive to death relatred to Alzheimer's

Who knew there were so many kinds/causes for dementia? I have the run of the mill Alzheimer's for which I am grateful.  PLEASE DO NOT RE...