Diagnosed with Dementia and Alzheimer's, this blog is to help keep my mind active. I'll share my thoughts, current projects and interests. Negativity is not wanted, so all comments will be monitored.

Friday, June 16, 2023

I Used To Know How to Do That.

One of those days. I got all jazzed up about doing a knit scarf. It's supposed to be easy. First, I pulled out my interchangeable needles only to find that I had forgotten completely how to put them together. No problem. Off to YouTube. Several videos later I still had no idea. So, I picked out a pair of regular circular needles. Then, I took a skein of yarn and proceeded to use my yarn winder to make a working cake. HA! That was a disaster. But, after a tune I was able to figure out how to get it right and I had my ball of yarn. I just can't remember, after a million times, how to cast on though, None of those videos are making any sense either. I decided to just do the simple cast on (which isn't very good) go from there.  Now, it was time to begin. Well, I have been "beginning" all day. Nope. Not happening.

Do I give up? Should I push myself into near hysteria? Neither seems to be a good option. So I will just try again tomorrow. Some days are just like that.😟

Even trying to type this has been amusing. I am skipping letters, mixing up the order and forgetting where I was going with my thought. Please forgive me if this is jumbled.

On a brighter note, we discovered that our dog is actually a black Belgian Malinois. She has such goofy ears and even though she is very smart, she has a few quirks. Reading about the dog traits however has show that it is just part of her nature so it will be easier to understand. She doesn't care if I can't remember how to do things. As long as I remember when it's dinner time, and I don't think she's likely to forget to tell me! So grateful for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post is NOT for everyone sensitive to death relatred to Alzheimer's

Who knew there were so many kinds/causes for dementia? I have the run of the mill Alzheimer's for which I am grateful.  PLEASE DO NOT RE...