Diagnosed with Dementia and Alzheimer's, this blog is to help keep my mind active. I'll share my thoughts, current projects and interests. Negativity is not wanted, so all comments will be monitored.

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Clumsy with Alzheimer's

I'm sure I'm not the only one with a progressive and incurable disease that sometimes thinks "They must have made a mistake." But I'm finding myself moving more towards the middle stages of Alzheimer's as I'm becoming more and more clumsy. I drop everything, I knock things over. I hit my head on just about anything. I trip. I fall. This morning hubby wouldn't let me water the garden since I took such a bad fall the other day cracking my head on a metal pipe. (Still aching all over from that one.)

Wondering about this had me Internet searching and I found several places that mentions this as a side effect or Alzheimer's. Well, poop. I guess I missed that. I expected to forget names, appointments (oops, forgot to get my lab work done again), people, places, directions. But, I didn't realize that feeling like a drunken sailor was part of the package. Thankfully our house has lots of walls and hallways that help me maneuver in the early morning. Apparently the brain deterioration changes vision and depth perception which leads to the awkward feeling that causes some of these annoying things. 

I suppose I'm just going to have to slow down (it's called the Alzheimer's shuffle) and try to keep from harming myself and making my hubby crazy with all the bumps, cuts, and bruises that magically appear without me having any memory of what caused them.  

On a lighter note: 


She is the sweetest thing (Belgian Malinois) and makes me smile. Her name is Cassidy and she will be 2 years old next week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post is NOT for everyone sensitive to death relatred to Alzheimer's

Who knew there were so many kinds/causes for dementia? I have the run of the mill Alzheimer's for which I am grateful.  PLEASE DO NOT RE...