Diagnosed with Dementia and Alzheimer's, this blog is to help keep my mind active. I'll share my thoughts, current projects and interests. Negativity is not wanted, so all comments will be monitored.

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Forgetful with Alzheimer's

 Left my credit card at the hardware store

Left my wallet at the bakery.

Got something in the mail that I didn't remember orderings, but when I looked I did.

Forgot to feed the cat his evening wet food. (Fortunately, he always has dry so he didn't starve.) 

Forgot to brush my teeth even though I have a watch that reminds me. 

Made a special card for someone's birthday then forgot to mail it. 

Got a form I sent to Social Security back as I had filled it out incorrectly. 

Couldn't remember the ________ (Insert here: day, week, month, year, birthday, children's birthdays, grandchild's name, etc.)

But, hey. that happens to everyone doesn't it? Well, yes I suppose once in a while, but certainly not on a daily basis. Well, guess I'd just better get used to it and try to remember to laugh at myself. 

On a lighter note:

I was so thrilled to get some luscious peaches growing. 

 

 

 

 

But, then the wasps found them and I had none 😕

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post is NOT for everyone sensitive to death relatred to Alzheimer's

Who knew there were so many kinds/causes for dementia? I have the run of the mill Alzheimer's for which I am grateful.  PLEASE DO NOT RE...